How does this happen?
I’m dealing with the IRS on a closed business, they hassle me because I didn’t tell them this business no longer exists.
YET, according to the AP there are 318,000 federal workers that owe $3.3 Billion in back taxes.
At some point people have to be reprimanded, to include losing their job.
Here’s a breakdown of those that owe back taxes according to the AP Article:
- 714 people working for the House & Senate.
- 821 people who work for the federal judiciary branch
- 4.1% of active civilian government workers
- 5.3% of people working for HUD (the highest rate)
- 15,000 people at the Dept of Veterans Affairs
- 30,000 Postal Service workers
- 25,000 military personnel (this may include those deployed who are legally allowed to pay taxes later, upon return home)
What I don’t get is, at every level of government, workers get away with things they should.
Ok, I said every, I’m basing some of this on my experience in the military. I had extremely high expectation of me, that if I didn’t live up to them, I was done.
Why do city employees driving city vehicles not wear seat belts or they speed?
It is just ridiculous what “they” get away with on our dollar.